Governor Kelly on Friday announced the bipartisan members of the second SPARK (Strengthening People and Revitalizing Kansas) Taskforce.
The Taskforce was originally established in May of 2020 to oversee distribution of funds from the federal CARES Act.
Kelly said, “…I’m pleased to reignite the Taskforce this year to maintain [this] transparent process and show Kansans that we’re using these relief funds to make strategic investments where they’re needed most.”
The Kansas Office of Recovery will again be responsible for statewide distribution of federal coronavirus relief funds allocated to Kansas through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) of March 2021.
A new and expanded seven member executive committee will oversee the distribution process, assisted by an advisory committee with additional members. The advisory committee recommends investments to the executive committee, and the executive committee then makes recommendations to the State Finance Council, which makes the final determination.
The members of the SPARK executive committee are:
- Lt. Governor David Toland
- Secretary of Administration DeAngela Burns-Wallace (Gov. Kelly’s Public Sector Appointee)
- Jon Rolph (Gov. Kelly’s Private Sector Appointee)
- Speaker of the House Ron Ryckman
- Senate President Ty Masterson
- Greg Orman (Speaker Ryckman’s Appointee)
- Bill Pickert (President Masterson’s Appointee)
For more information on the American Rescue Plan Act, click here.